The group from the Shandong Province included participants from Shandong Provincial Department of Land and Resource, Shandong Provincial Institute of Surveying and Mapping, as well as participants from Municipal Bureaus of land and Resource from Laiwu, Yantai and Rizhao.
Mr. Zhang Qingkun, Deputy Director General of Shandong Provincial Department of Land and Resource was leading the group during this study visit. The main purpose of the visit was to get a good understanding of what is currently being done at Lantmäteriet within several areas in Sweden as well as abroad. Another important ingredient of the visit was to discuss and elaborate future cooperation possibilities.
Subjects for the visit were covering:
- On-going projects and experiences from Swedesurvey’s world-wide work.
- Lantmäteriet’s organization, mission and assignment
- Land administration and cadastral management in Sweden
- GMES: Global Monitoring for Environment and Security
- Digital city planning and 3D city modeling, including a visit to Gävle Municipality
- Geographic Information Systems providing service for the public
- National Spatial Data Infrastructure, Inspire and implementation models distribution and exchange of geospatial data
- New DEM project in Sweden, including LiDAR technology and social applications
- Presentations and discussions regarding SWEPOS implementation, including technical and business model perspectives
The study visit was very successful and filled with interesting exchange of experiences. The participants from Shandong were very competent, interested and active which made the discussions very specific and fruitful
We at Swedesurvey thank the group this rewarding visit and look forward to continuing the cooperation.