Consultancy for the Design and Implementation
of a Strategic Plan for the Implementation of the Land Act and village Land Act in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Ministry of Lands and Human Settlement through Ministry of Finance is the name of the client. The project started in February 2004 and was completed in July 2004.
Description of Project:
The purpose is to develop an agreed strategic framework for the land sector and a strategic plan for the implementation of the Land Act (1999) and the Village Land Act (1999) and the Land Disputes Courts over the medium (3 years) and long (10 years) terms.
Description of Actual Services Provided by Swedesurvey:
- Advise and lead the team to design, prioritise and implement its work programme with due consideration to the time constraints presented.
- Review the work programmes of the National Consultants an ensure consistency with the overall objectives and timeframe.
- Lead the team in the identification of issues for further consultation.
- Make recommendations for further work on the draft, based on gaps identified including priority poverty reduction sectors and broader aspects of Government policy context, social assessment, coordination and institutional linkages.
- Advise on a comprehensive consultation process, to ensure participation of a range of stakeholders, within the timeframe allowed and supervise its implementation.
- Prepare regular briefings/progress reports for the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry Liase with the EU, World Bank and other donors with respect to the requirements of the Poverty Alleviation Framework and advise on additional inputs required e.g. additional backstopping by WB, additional funding for consultations. Liase with the EU, World Bank and other donors with respect to the requirements of the Poverty Alleviation Framework and advise on additional inputs required e.g. additional backstopping by WB, additional funding for consultations.